44757 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
As a member of the Pass-through consulting group (PSCG) you will be focused on the core tax issues that affect the heart of the firm’s client base and an increasingly important part of the national and global business world. Pass-through entities range from billion-dollar investment funds to high-tech startups. The PSCG team works in concert with our local offices and M&A teams in assisting our clients with transactions, leads internal and external trainings, develops and deploys forward looking internal and go-to-market solutions that help RSM lead in the middle market. There are opportunities for client contact, interaction with leading members of the legal and accounting professions representing other parties in our clients’ transactions, and government officials charged with interpreting the law.
The location of this position is flexible.
- Analyze the impact of proposed or completed transactions including but not limited to partial contributions, Revenue Ruling 99-5 and 99-6 transactions, debt financed distributions and disguised sales
- Research and analyze other issues related to partnership taxation including but not limited to qualified business income, the net investment income tax, passive losses, and carried interests
- Aid in the development of processes, technology, and other tools used by the PSCG team and the firm as a whole
- Contribute to training sessions on partnership topics directed at clients, general practitioners and other partnership experts
- Two or more years focused in federal partnership taxation required
- Industry specialization preferred, but not required
- Experience with S Corporations beneficial, but not required
- Previous experience in M&A or other transaction setting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field required; advanced degree preferred (e.g., MST or JD)
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification required
- Strong research and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong executive presence and ability to participate in strategic planning initiatives
- Strong project management, leadership, and client interaction skills
- Highly disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14787 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Tax Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
Business Tax Pass through Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14787 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Los Angeles, CA US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
West Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Tax Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing