- Foster City, CA, USA Foster City CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Nipun Capital
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
Nipun Capital is looking to hire a full-time programmer/developer to join a small team working in an entrepreneurial environment. You will work closely with senior investment professionals to build out investment products.
NIPUN CAPITAL, L.P., founded in 2011, is a specialty asset management firm focused on Asian and Emerging Market equities. We believe that investment success is based on applying fundamental and behavioral insights within a systematic investment framework. Our competitive edge lies in our focus on alpha extraction using local insights, disciplined risk management, the depth of our team and commitment to innovation. The firm’s Partners have worked closely together for over 15 years and have 60+ years of combined investment experience. We partner with prominent institutional investors globally including public and corporate pension funds, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds and family offices to help them exceed their long-term investment objectives.
- Maintain and improve daily production platform for processing data, updating stock return forecasts, and generating reports.
- Develop and maintain processes to source, clean, and integrate data from all over the world. Must have ability to work with data that is unstructured and often in different languages.
- Analyze large datasets and present findings
- Work closely with researchers and Portfolio Managers to simplify workflow, automate reports, and build data driven dashboards.
- Develop tools to improve research and portfolio management processes
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quantitative finance
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or similar quantitative degree
- Strong programming experience in Python or R. Knowledge of Pandas a plus
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with database programming, SQL Server/MySQL.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiar with Linux. Knowledge of bash scripting a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms – AWS/Google Cloud a plus
- Web scraping