Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Development Engineer - HPC - 10705
Job Location: USA - CA - Fremont
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
• Research, development and optimization of advanced tools/systems for high performance of Calibre.
• Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics.
• Design, develop and optimize software using scientific analysis.
• Interact with other teams such as marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements for new system/features.
• Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
• Must have 2+ years programming experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with experience developing large software systems.
• Must have a strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills.
• Experience of developing software on GPU systems or High Performance Computation systems is a plus.
• Experience of manipulation of large data volume is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different engineers from other group is also required.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup personal goals and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Share