Lead Ux Writer, Auto
Lead UX Writer- Auto- Culver City, CA Culver City, CA Product Full-time Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. Are you our next UX Writer?
- We are looking for an experienced UX writer to help grow our Product Design team. Ideally, youre a UX designer who happens to use words as your design language. If you care as much about how screens flow into each other as you do what the words on them say, youll fit right in. We spend as much time perfecting our internal positioning as we do our user facing copy, and believe in showing the math behind our work. If you're an expert in writing and user experience and you want to make experiences that improve peoples lives, wed love to talk to you! Our team in SF has been up and running for awhile, but this role is the first UX writer to be based in our Los Angeles office, where you'd be seated alongside your product and design counterparts.
What you'll do:
- Write UI copy for Credit Karmas product (web + mobile).
- Articulate the strategy around your copy in compelling ways.
- Treat content as equal parts art and science: showing and inviting people in on your strategy and how words solve problems is a creative endeavor that is enhanced by great process.
- Develop a vision for your product area and help the team build toward it.
- Drive alignment between stakeholders, serving as the capable storyteller who can articulate why any given project fundamentally matters to our users or to the business.
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers to bring your creations to life.
- Help us innovate in the rapidly changing field of product writing/content strategy, identifying new ways of packaging your work and applying your skills.
What's great about it:
- What were doing as a company is ambitious and feels good: were offering free tools to people that help them improve their financial lives. What were doing as a team -- bringing clarity to users around how they can use these tools -- is fundamental to the companys success.
- We are a relatively new team within the company, so the landscape is wide open in terms of defining the best ways to work and ways to influence product definition.
- You own not only the language of the features youre responsible for, but the broader future that these experiences help people achieve.
- You have a built-in audience of 80 million+ people who rely on our product for help.
- Youll be establishing many of the processes to make this team successful.
What we expect:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- At least 5 years content strategy experience
- Experience working in UX (with designers or product managers)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Comfort with a fair amount of autonomy, as your manager is likely to be based in a different office
- Good interpersonal skills ability to give and take constructive criticism
- Strong opinions on how content fits into great products and where content fits into the product design process
- Collaborative spirit, able to pitch stakeholders on your ideas
- Appetite for learning new financial scenarios so you can make them easily digestible
- Passion for Credit Karmas mission in making financial progress for everyone
- Portfolio of relevant writing/content strategy work
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.