FPA’s Client Service department provides support to prospects, clients, portfolio managers, sales staff and relationship managers by performing operational and administrative functions for our strategies, funds and/or managed accounts. The Client Service Associate for Due Diligence and Projects is an integral part of FPA’s Client Service Team, and will respond to a variety of requests from clients, prospects, consultants, advisors and others. These requests include proposal and due diligence questionnaires and the population of consultant and other third-party online databases, in addition to managing assignments to help drive strategic initiatives.
Please email resume to email@example.com. All email submissions and inquiries must include “CSA DDQ - efc” in the subject line for consideration.
Ownership, facilitation and ongoing improvement of the firm-wide RFP/DDQ process:
- Evaluate existing tools, processes, and procedures in order to find ways to enhance, streamline and strengthen them.
- Complete Requests for Proposal (RFP’s), Requests for Information (RFI’s), Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ’s) and other ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the firm to ensure that requests are handled appropriately
- Continue to build out and proactively maintain the RFP/DDQ database of standard question and answer pairings
- Work with Compliance to manage the completion of regular certification requirements for Separately Managed Accounts
- Manage the status tracking and follow-up for adhoc, recurring or ongoing DDQs/RFPs
- Effectively communicate FPA's process and products in a clear and concise manner with accuracy, attention to detail and time management
- Manage and/or work on projects to help in supporting the team’s (and the organization’s) strategic initiatives.
- Populate data files and liaise with third party vendor(s) to update and maintain various consultant databases
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience working in a fast paced industry and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrates effective critical thinking and problem-solving approach to challenges and projects
- Acute attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work well under pressure and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, planning, and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders throughout a project lifecycle
- Highly motivated with demonstrated initiative, independence and adaptability
- Focused on continuous improvement and operational discipline
- 1-3 plus years work-related experience preferred, financial services experiences a plus, and some experience in RFP/DDQ role desirable
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience with maintaining a Client Relationship Management (i.e. CRM) system (Satuit or similar) a plus
- Experience with project management and/or process redesign a plus
FPA is and Equal Opportunity Employer
First Pacific Advisors (FPA) is a Los Angeles-based institutional money management firm, employing a disciplined approach to value investing, prudently seeking superior long-term returns while maintaining a focus on capital preservation. FPA manages approximately 29 billion across multiple strategies and has about 89 employees.