Consumer Finance Group Senior Associate – Reporting & Analytics
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 01 Feb 18 2018-02-01
PwC's Business Advisory Services group is a distinctive practice that provides audit, technical accounting, tax, regulatory, compliance, valuation services, risk management, financial analysis and cashflow modeling, outsourcing, securities processing, payments, information risk and security, data quality, mergers and acquisitions, and other services. Our integrated knowledge enables us to help our clients design solutions that work.
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Our professionals assist with many of today's largest, most challenging issues impacting the following sectors:
- Asset management
- Banking and capital markets
- Consumer Finance
- Structured Products
We are also the thought leader in the financial services industry. We produce almost 150 publications and e-briefings on the financial services industry, most of which are sector specific, as well as a wide range of training and special events on issues that affect reporting and corporate governance throughout the business world.
The Consumer Finance Group (www.pwc.com/consumerfinance) is composed of over 100 professionals across the country dedicated to solving important problems for clients in the consumer finance sector. Our team specializes in mortgage banking, auto finance, student lending, credit cards, and unsecured lending.
We are at the forefront of the industry working with our clients to identify growth opportunities, drive innovation, enhance the customer experience, and anticipate and resolve emerging issues. Our group's collective knowledge is invaluable at a time when the lending industry is going through a phase of significant transformation that has put profits under pressure but also has opened exciting opportunities to innovate. Our professionals are involved in producing best-in-class thought leadership and creative solutions to complex business problems. Our clients consistently turn to us for help in areas such as: consumer lending strategy, customer experience, digital lending, loan origination and servicing, capital markets, risk management, finance, and accounting.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: MBA or Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics or an equivalent discipline.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in an analytical role (e.g., originations and/or portfolio credit risk, pricing, analytical strategy development) in an Auto Finance or Credit Card setting including the following areas:
Modeling and analytics in the auto finance or credit card space with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Credit Originations, Credit Risk, Pricing, Default/Collections Strategy, Recovery Strategy, Reporting and Portfolio Management; and Common modeling techniques such as statistical modeling, econometric modeling, loss forecasting techniques, cash flow forecasting etc. with application in originations, pricing, credit risk, model validation standards, and/or data-driven strategy development.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with data manipulation and modeling tools such as SAS/SQL/R, including the following areas:
- Handling, managing, and manipulating data and creating reporting analytics and trending of key performance indicators (KPIâ€™s);
- Utilizing reporting tools such as Tableau / Spotfire etc. to develop reporting and KPI trends;
- Building and validating models as used for originations risk, credit risk, pricing, collections strategy and/or default modeling and recovery;
- Leveraging PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients, and internal staff and management; and,
- Developing business strategy in an Automotive Finance or Credit card function/department.