Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Dec 17
The Credit Analyst will work as part of the credit research group that supports portfolio management. Duties include (i) monitoring industry and specific credits on an intra-day basis, providing fundamental research analysis, (ii) new issue evaluation, (iii) formulation / communication of investment ideas.
The Credit Analyst will provide support for the following types of activities, including but not limited to: financial analysis, covenant analysis, discussions with management, discussions with Street/rating agency analysts, and industry analysis. The candidate may be called to present findings/investment opinions to the credit committee, thus the ideal candidate must have highly professional communication skills. Also, responsibilities may include interaction with outside constituents (clients/consultants) describing investment opinions/philosophy.
- Minimum three years of experience in the securities industry with two years in a research analyst position
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university or college with strong academic performance and relevant coursework
- Graduate degree and/or CFA designation strongly preferred; or, equivalent work experience
- Diligent, hard-working, responsible, willing to work both in a team setting and independently, and have proven these characteristics
- Excellent math/finance and strong computer skills, particularly Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a trade room atmosphere
- Entrepreneurial attitude; creativity to search out investment opportunities