Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Derivatives Specialist – Trading Agreements
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Dec 17
The Derivatives Specialist – Trading Agreements is responsible for the management of trading agreements and compliance with regulatory requirements and protocols. This position will require a functional understanding of derivatives, fixed income, and equities workflows in order to facilitate the review and completion of agreements for specialized transactions. A strong understanding of Futures, Options, OTC derivatives (swaps), TBAs, Repos, collateral management, and other bilateral instruments is required. This position will work closely with the Derivative Operations Supervisor and will liaise with other key groups within the firm, including the Investment Team, Legal, Client Services, and Compliance
- Complete the new account checklist to manage what agreements must be in place for the portfolio strategy.
- Coordinate with sell-side partners to complete know your customer (KYC) checks for new account opening.
- Maintain records of all completed and pending trading agreements in a centralized database.
- Track the status of all pending agreements and communicate updates to all interested partners.
- Provide deliverables to counterparties as required by ISDAs and other trading agreements.
- Understand the standard/general provisions in ISDA, Futures, MRA, MSFTA, Prime Broker, Options, and MCA agreements.
- Work internally with the Legal department to review contracts and trading agreements.
- Register all derivatives trading portfolios with a Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) in order to comply with regulator rules.
- Work to ensure that all pertinent portfolios have adhered to the relevant ISDA protocols, CFTC regulations, and EMIR regulations.
- Provide required position and trading data to the legal department for regulatory filings.
- Perform analysis of commodity pools to ensure they fall within the CFTC CPO de minimus exemptions limits.
- Track all legal confirmations for derivatives to ensure timely completion.
- Work with electronic matching services to ensure automatic and timely agreement on legal confirmation.
- Work with the following electronic matching services to ensure timely and automatic completion of legal confirmation: MarkitSERV for Credit Default Swaps, MarkitWire for Interest Rate Swaps and cleared swaps, and GTSS for FX forwards.
- Support projects and research for senior managers, partners and portfolio managers.
- Special projects and research for systems enhancements.
- Respond to complex ad-hoc research requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Economics or similar field.
- At least 1 year experience with fixed income investments, including derivatives, preferably at a “buy side” company.
- Rigorous attention to detail; extreme accuracy with numerical calculations.
- Strong understanding of fixed income securities and derivatives.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong computer skills with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent research skills, resourcefulness and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Be responsive, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting information to investors and others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to multi-task, team player.
- Knowledge of MarkitSERV (MarkitWire & Deriv/SERV) and Markit Counterparty Manager/ISDA Amend (formerly Markit Document Exchange) a plus.