- Los Angeles, CA, USA Los Angeles CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Reporting to the Vice President, the Analyst will provide assistance and support with activities related to analyzing, underwriting and closing LIHTC investments. The Analyst should demonstrate strength in quantitative analysis and financial modelling with a focus on detail, and possess an analytical orientation and the initiative to work in a fast-paced environment in a reliable manner. The Analyst will present work to colleagues, management and other internal teams including acquisitions, tax, accounting, and asset management departments.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain financial models to support the investment analysis of various new investment opportunities.
- Support in preparing investment committee papers.
- Distills and analyzes crucial financial information relevant for entire portfolio.
- Develop and maintain up to date knowledge of developments in affordable housing and real estate finance.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for funds management, which include maintaining metrics information and graphs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An undergraduate/graduate degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, or related discipline is required.
Experience and Qualifications
- An aptitude for finance and a basic understanding of the overall capital structuring of real estate acquisitions.
- One to three years' in the financial industry preferably in infrastructure, real estate, or affordable housing a plus.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Excel and some financial modeling capability.
- Ability to perform financial analysis including cash flow and cash waterfall modelling, IRR analysis and capital structure analysis
- Ability to solve practical problems and analyze a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and industry guidelines
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, internal stakeholders, and clients.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a detail orientated, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals. Able to independently manage time effectively in-order to efficiently work on varied and concurrent projects with conflicting deadlines. Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.