- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
Reporting to a Chief Financial Officer, the Fund Accountant will work as part of the accounting team to achieve the departmental goals, prepare financial statements, and applies accounting principles, that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares quarterly financial statements for approximately 20 LIHTC Investment funds.
- Prepares quarterly work-papers, which become an essential part of the yearend audit.
- Helps support the audit of those funds, providing auditors with all requested information in a timely manner.
- Enters journal entries into the general ledger.
- Assists in reviewing accounts payable coding.
- Assists in preparation of Investor capital calls.
- Assists in preparation of wire requests.
- Assists in the preparation of bank reconciliations monthly.
- Supports and works on various special projects
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree in accounting required. CPA or Public Accounting experience preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of two-five years accounting experience required; LIHTC or real estate experience preferred.
- Familiarity with partnership tax returns beneficial
- Must be detail oriented and able to work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including, proficient in use of Excel and MS Office.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with JD Edwards-Enterprise One System or other large ERP system preferred.
- Requires a detail orientated, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals. Strong work ethic; ability to handle high volume of transactions; works well under pressure/deadlines. Must demonstrate strong writing skills, and eager to learn and grow.