Fund Accounting Manager
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
The Fund Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting, reporting, tax-related and operational areas for alternative investments and structures through five managers and staff of thirty. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with client professionals and external third parties is extremely important.
Our client is a prestigious international investment company who is looking to expand their presence in the Los Angeles market space. They have been growing at a steady rate and have successfully created an environment that allows for growth and innovative thinking.
The duties of this position will include but are not limited to:
Investments include public and private dept. and equity securities, fee ownership, real estate and real estate projects. Will have oversight responsibility with paying agents, trustees, offshore administrators, transfer agents and custodians. Structure include flow-through limited partnerships, trusts and special purpose entities, made complex due to the differing product mix, deal arrangements and fee sharing agreements.
Key responsibilities of this group include
- Monthly net asset valuations for offshore and domestic funds
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to clients and regulatory authorities for domestic and offshore funds, partnerships, commingled trusts and separate accounts
- Daily interface with portfolio managers, traders and custodian banks regarding cash availability, trade settlement issues, performance, income collection capital changes, distribution, etc. Work closely with Client's portfolio management groups; coordinate activity with both internal/external lawyers and accountants on prospectuses and offering memoranda, tax and regulatory filings. Establish staff work priorities and monitor accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Minimum experience of 6-8 years with demonstrated supervisory skills in a multi-task and deadline oriented growth environment
- Minimum 10 + years Alternative Industry experience
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage processes for the staff by effectively planning and distributing work assignments for the group.
- Very strong service oriented commitment to become personally involved in managing client expectations and identifying and resolving daily operating issues as they arise.
- Yardi system experience preferred.
- Hedge Fund Administration and Asset Servicing experience is strongly desired
This is a fantastic opportunity to enter a company while they experience great growth, and thus taking on more and more responsibilities, providing you with the career opportunities you want! A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive pay
- High bonuses
- Regular reviews to ensure career growth
- Clear path towards leadership within the company