Manager of the TCW, MetWest, and TCW Alternative Fund Families
Global Operations Specialist
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Nov 17
The Operations Specialist – Investment Operations will have primary responsibilities for the execution and maintenance of Global Markets documentations, and the maintenance of the K2 Workflow Application, utilized for the administration of Global Market data and related documents and information. This position will also be involved in the maintenance of delivery instructions for Global/ Domestic and FX transactions for Equity and Fixed Income securities trading. The Operations Specialist will assist the Transitions and Support Team with the bulk-upload and reconciliation for in-kind account funding and custodial conversions.
This position will require a functional understanding of investment operations, including trade settlements and fixed income, and equities workflows. This Operations Specialist will work closely with the Investment Operations teams (Settlements, Reconciliation and Cash Management) and will liaise with other key groups within the firm, including Client Services, Mutual Funds Administration, Information Systems, and the Investment Team.
- Execute and maintain Global Market documentations for trading in approved global markets.
- Review and coordinate with various custodians on the foreign market documentation process for current global markets.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the Workflow application for the administration of global market data and related documents.
- Maintain accurate foreign documents for taxation in the global markets.
- Contact the custodians and gather information to ensure that data is maintained and updated timely.
- Perform periodic review and data scrub to confirm that the global market database provides the most accurate information for trading and investments.
- Respond to enquiries from the desk regarding account eligibility and market availability for trade execution.
- Process new account t funding. for cash and securities, though the bulk upload process and reconcile with the custodian banks.
- Coordinate, process, and reconcile custodian conversions and inter-account transfers.
- Support projects and research for Investment Operations.
- Respond to ad-hoc research requests relating to Investment Operations work flow.
- Focus on the effective use of internal and external workflows for the back- and middle- office within Investment Operations.
- Must be able to multi-task and follow strict time sensitive deadlines.
- Complete Operations Specialist daily checklist to ensure all daily tasks are completed.
- Support SOC1 Audit (formerly SSAE 16) requirements for the Operations Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience performing trade settlement or account funding or similar duties with a buy-side Asset manager, custodial bank, or equivalent sell side experience required.
- Knowledge of domestic and global fixed income and equity securities/instruments is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must establish good rapport with internal and external business partners, including custodians.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibilities for all assigned tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective communication with internal and external business partners.
- Excellent research skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven capability to work collaboratively across functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of domestic /global equity and fixed income securities settlement is required.
- Experience with new account on-boarding documents and workflow, and cash and securities funding is desired.
- Experience with workflow application such as Share Point is desired.
- Knowledge of systems that maintain settlement and delivery instructions such as ALERT is required.