NAV Oversight Associate - LA
Description About this role
GAAPS Alternatives | Associate NAV Oversight | Santa Monica About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that promotes positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With about USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Global Fund & Accounting Services: Alternatives Operations supports BlackRock Alternative Investments (BAI) and over $110B of assets globally. BAI takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets.
- Prepare quarterly and annual fund financial statements as well as periodic and ad hoc public filings, including forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K
- Perform monthly account closing procedures and net asset value production
- Prepare performance measurements, distributions, and other fund reports
- Prepare board and managerial reports and other analyses
- Ensure accurate recording of journal entries in accounting software (Advent Geneva)
- Perform cash analyses and forecasting
- Correspond with custodians and resolve outstanding issues
- Ensure timely payment of expenses and collection of interest and other investment income
- Prepare periodic lender collateral reporting and compliance reports
- Identify exceptions and other issues affecting accounting records and assist in their resolution
- Prepare audit schedules and collaborate closely with auditors
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or similar
- 2-4 years Big 4 accounting or fund accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated detail orientation and organizational skills
- Able to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines required
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Microsoft Office (high proficiency in Excel required)
- Advent Geneva experience advantageous
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Reliable job presence expected
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.