Regional Consultant - Los Angeles, CA
Job Description: Regional Consultant (Participant Engagement)
The Regional Consultant (RC-Dual Role) works directly with plan sponsor contacts, client HR representatives, and internal Fidelity partners to drive greater participant engagement and plan sponsor advocacy for local clients and within an assigned book of business. This book of business is comprised of high opportunity corporate retirement plan clients with national locations. You will serve as a key liaison between the client and internal business partners to create a client needs-based strategy and ensure Fidelity's overall ongoing success. In addition, the RC provides financial advice to 401(k) participants through face-to-face meetings including one on ones, workshops, help desk sessions, benefits fairs, and lunch and learns for regional clients. The RC strives to ensure participants are prepared to make better decisions regarding their personal finances while ensuring industry leading customer satisfaction results are achieved. Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborating internally and coordinating national client engagement across multiple locations for an assigned book of retirement plan clients
- Building a working relationship with assigned plan sponsors. This includes understanding the organizational culture, participants' needs, and the nuances of each company's structure to be aware of any benefit changes, which could affect the participant's financial well-being.
- Researching, analyzing and applying data to identify client challenges and opportunities
- Collaborating on a cohesive data-based strategy and presenting it to senior plan sponsor management
- Developing local efforts and implementing national initiatives to grow business through customer contact, workshops, lead generation and local branding.
- Responsible for business development goals at the plan sponsor level and the participant level. Customer satisfaction, lead generation and number of participants engaged / taking action are success measures.
- Communicating, planning and coordinating with internal partners to insure the best possible outcomes for the plan sponsor and their participants
- Deliver high quality face-to-face employee meetings for retirement plan participants including: retirement education meetings, one on ones, benefit fairs and help desks.
- Yes - 75% of the time. May require travel outside of territory to cover plan sponsor headquarter locations and business planning meetings.
. Education and Experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- BA or BS required and MBA preferred
- Series 7, 63, 66 & insurance licenses are required
- 10 years minimum financial services industry experience; institutional and plan advocacy experience preferred
- CRPC or CFP required (may be earned after hire)
- Strong institutional and retail product knowledge
- Executive presence and confidence to present a point of view to senior level decision makers
- Ability to think on your own, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, try new things, and build your territory
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to engage an audience
- Demonstrated consultative and influencing skills
- Proactive time management and organizational skills
- Strong preparation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a remote location
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. Certifications:
Series 07 - FINRA, Series 66 - FINRA Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.