Senior Fund Administrator
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Causeway Capital Management LLC
- 07 Sep 17
The Senior Fund Administrator will manage the accounting, reporting and tax-related operations for various investment vehicles including registered mutual funds, group trusts, Irish-domiciled UCITS funds, private funds, and exchange-traded managed funds.
Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Fund Administrator will manage the accounting, reporting and tax-related operations for various investment vehicles including registered mutual funds, group trusts, Irish-domiciled UCITS funds, private funds, and exchange-traded managed funds. He/she will also assist with the development of the risk management program, identifying and mitigating departmental risks. Duties require the new hire to work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, accounting, legal/compliance, and client service teams to assist with overseeing service providers, responding to fund needs, and creating new products.
• Coordinate bi-monthly NAV approvals for private funds.
• Manage annual and semi-annual audit process; quarterly N-Qs.
• Draft semi-annual reports and quarterly financial reports.
• Process fund invoices.
• Negotiate third party service agreements and distribution agreements.
• Work with mutual fund transfer agent on medallion signature guarantee requirements.
• Assist with development of fund liquidity program.
• Determine appropriateness of waivers of account minimums.
• Authorize short term redemption fee waivers.
• Oversee “as of” trade corrections.
• Respond to investor and client audit requests
• Assist with fund service provider oversight and maintaining quality of services.
• Assist with fair valuation procedures.
• Coordinate and assist with the process of opening foreign custody accounts.
• Liaise with authorized participants (“APs”) for ETMFs and respond to AP inquiries.
Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the investment management industry.
• Desirable qualifications include CPA certification or degree in accounting.
• High level of comfort with financial products and markets coupled with the ability to identify and independently resolve daily operating issues as they arise.
• Fundamental knowledge and understanding of legal, regulatory and accounting principles as they relate to the asset management industry.
• Comprehensive understanding of investment terms.
• Detail-oriented with proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates teamwork.
• Highest level of ethics and history of displaying good judgement.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.