Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management is seeking a self-motivated, organized, and dedicated individual to join our team as a Software Developer. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze, assess, design, code and test with business users all Functionality related tasks. He/She will be able to translate business objectives into efficient, user friendly programs in C# .net and SQL Server database. Secondarily, the candidate will support the development and integration of software programs and applications into the organization’s information systems like Factset, Bloomberg, SS&C suite of applications. He/She will be responsible for developing, testing, and launching application modules and systems under development by in-house software development teams; further, the candidate will identify, address, and amend any software errors in a timely and accurate fashion. Proven problem solving skills, attention to details, and creativity will be essential to the candidate’s success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand pain points; gather requirements for developing software tools and work with the team to come up with reusable, performant, scalable and reliable tools that support business needs.
• Define and develop Winforms application, SQL Server Stored procedures, webservice interfaces, file based integrations to other systems etc.
• Troubleshoot and fix issues related to user experience, job batches or bugs in the application code in a timely manner and ensure a well thought through high quality solution.
• Work with vendor and implementation consultants to keep up with upgrades and apps
• Analyze technical and business problems, which are of low to high complexity. Design efficient, effective solutions, which follow Development and Infrastructure standards and meet the business needs. Develop and maintain a high level of business and technical knowledge of all assigned systems. Maintain appropriate system documentation such that any team member could effectively perform the duties during one’s absence.
• Establish strong relationships with assigned business departments to understand the needs of the respective areas and be able to suggest appropriate solutions to business problems.
• Effectively communicate with peers and management in both verbal and written form.
• Support and test infrastructure changes to ensure continuity of all systems.
• Occasional on-call, after-hours support for all systems supporting the enterprise.
• 3-5 year’s experience in a similar role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Direct experience with SS&C applications GWP, GWPA or similar portfolio accounting systems.
• Experience translating business user requirements into technical specifications
• Experience working with C# and SQL Server based winforms applications.
• Proven track record of implementing software design and development methods that provide high-value, high-quality products with a short time to implementation.
• Relevant knowledge of the investment management industry and experience working with various security types including equities, fixed income, mutual funds, and options/futures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent formal and informal communication
Skills, innovative problem solving skills, and strong facilitation skills. Must be a forward-thinker and be able to anticipate downstream effects.
• Ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines, and multitask.
• Possess strong attention to detail and produce quality results.
• Must demonstrate strong organizational and follow-up skills.
• Experience with Microsoft platforms and development tools.
• Experience with Visual Basic, C#, HTML/aspx, SQL Server.
No Sponsorship Available
Position is based in Los Angeles