2020 MBA/Masters Summer Intern, Portfolio Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Requirements
- MBA or Masters degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, completion expected between Dec 2020 - June 2021
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provides exposure to finance/capital markets, and applied mathematics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position
- Fluent in English
- Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for developing, presenting and executing specific trades in various sectors that are part of our overall investment strategy. The most important function of this role is to maximize return consistent with client objectives. Other functions of this role include:
• Developing, presenting and executing thoughtful trading strategies to achieve specific objectives and/or recommend alternative strategies in order to optimize investment performance over the long run.
• Preparing daily research notes and frequent market updates on news and trading levels
• Participating in the development of the firm's short and long-term financial forecasts, as well as the strategies on which they are based
• Supporting account managers by updating existing account base on market conditions, philosophy, process and performance Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training program in our Newport Beach headquarters. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Position Requirements: Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
• Outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
• Proficiency in Python
• The ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Well-organized, high-energy, self-starter, focused, goal-oriented, accountable, results-driven
• Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization in a team environment, including senior level management
• Desire to make contributions and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental/promotional assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role) Summer Program Details
• Starts in mid-June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
• Portfolio Management only - consists of a 2 desk/4 week each rotational program. Rotations could potentially be across a variety of strategies and asset classes.
• Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
• Formal mentor program
• Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program To Apply
- Submit your resume and cover letter here by DECEMBER 1, 2019
- If you have already applied on your campus career portal you must ALSO create a profile and apply here.