2020 Summer Intern - Bus Dev Research, US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2020 Summer Internship - Business Development Research Analyst, US (Undergraduate) Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA.
Business Development Research (BDR)
The Business Development Research (BDR) Group is responsible for various research and analysis functions related to sales and business activity including competitor research; analysis for investment strategies; product and financial market data analysis; business activity; and trend analysis. The group's responsibilities include the identification and assessment of related data and research sources and tools. The group maintains a strong understanding of PIMCO's investment strategies and the institutional marketplace to deliver the latest analysis to our management teams and client management and sales professionals. BDR is innovative in finding solutions and interacts with various businesses across PIMCO in carrying out various research, technology, and strategic initiatives.
BDR interns will fill an integral role in the continued success of the Consultant Relations, OCIO, Alts and Equity Marketing team. Working closely with their mentors, interns will engage in solutions-oriented projects as well as assist in day-to-day BDR activities to support overall sales efforts. Interns will work with PIMCO investment professionals, and occasionally, investment consultants and clients. Further, interns will be strongly encouraged to offer out-of-the-box ideas to enhance new and existing best practices. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to learn a variety of financial markets tools and PIMCO proprietary systems related to the business aspect of the investment management industry. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - every day, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Summer Internship Program Details:
Beyond the Internship:
- Starts in early June, 10 weeks in length
- Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training at our Newport Beach headquarters
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Opportunity to participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering
- Formal mentorship program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
Application & Interview Process:
- The intention of our summer internship program is to extend full-time offers to successful interns.
- PIMCO Early Career Development Program is for junior employees at the Analyst, Associate, and new MBA levels. The program's objective is to develop top talent with a focus on career development, mobility, and employee engagement.
Applications open August 23, 2019.
Position Requirements: Requirements:
- We will review summer internship applications and conduct interviews on a rolling basis. We encourage that you apply as early as possible as job postings will close as positions are filled.
- Submit your resume, cover letter, & unofficial transcript through the PIMCO Careers Portal at www.Pimco.com/careers
- Be thoughtful when submitting applications. If you are interested in applying to multiple internship roles, we strongly recommend a maximum of 3 applications.
- We recommend confirming your interest in the Newport Beach location within your cover letter.
- Candidates who are selected during resume review will be asked to complete either a phone or video interview. Those selected following this stage will be asked to attend an onsite interview at one of our US office locations.
Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA. Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Undergraduates with an expected graduation date of Dec 2020 - June 2021
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including knowledge of VBA
- Strong analytical; and problem solving skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Familiarity with financial markets and strong interest in learning about the investment management industry, competitive landscape and client, prospect, and consultant relationships
- Excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that work is complete, accurate and on time
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel in both written and verbal communications
- Ideal candidates will have experience or prior college internships in a financial, client-oriented role
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers