- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Singapore.
We are looking for an AI engineer to join a small team that builds tactical and strategic technology solutions that advance our ability to manage portfolios, trade effectively and take advantage of market opportunities. You will work closely with traders, portfolio managers and others to identify, test out, and implement ideas where AI techniques can improve our performance. While other members of your team are savvy in matters of markets and Computer Science, you will be the AI evangelist in the group.
Education and Experience
- MS Computer Science or Engineering with focus on AI from a school with a well-regarded AI program.
- Some practical working experiences involving AI, in any industry, a plus.
- High level stats, probability & linear algebra a must.
- Finance basics a plus but not required; markets, esp. Fixed Income and Derivatives a strong plus.
- Python & SQL are must.
- Proficiency in AI techniques: Expert Systems, Genetic Algos, Reinforcement.
- Java (Spring, Hibernate) a plus.
- R, SAS, big data technology a plus.
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings with company matching
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
www.pimco.com or blog.pimco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.