- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Oct 17 2017-10-24
The Account Associate Group serves a unique and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of servicing PIMCO's institutional clients. The individuals that make up this team work within the broader account management group to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to clients. The primary responsibility of the associates and analysts is to work alongside account managers as part of dedicated relationship teams, gathering, analyzing, and discussing economic and fixed income trends, evaluating portfolio structures and strategies, and delivering performance attribution analyses. In addition to client servicing responsibilities, most members of the group participate in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program through the CFA Institute.
- PIMCO Investment Professionals including other members of the Account Management Group, Product Managers and Associates, and Portfolio Managers and Trade Assistants
- Current and prospective clients
- Gather, analyze, and discuss market trends and data with colleagues and clients
- Analyze portfolio characteristics in the context of broader investment themes
- Evaluate risk reports, perform attribution research and conduct scenario analysis
- Create customized client reports and respond to ad-hoc inquiries
- Draft internal presentations and prepare client-servicing materials
- Summarize and explain complex financial and economic concepts to educate clients
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge of software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg
- Self-starter, ability to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
- Knowledge of fixed income securities and portfolio management techniques
- Work effectively with all levels of personnel as part of a team
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, organization and communication skills
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
- Must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Progress toward the CFA designation is a plus
- Ideal candidates should have 0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics. College internships in finance, client-oriented roles are preferred.
- Ideal candidates should have 2-4 years of experience in financial services, asset management, investment banking or accounting. A strong background and/or interest in fixed income and economics is important. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income instruments and the economic underpinnings of the fixed income asset class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.