We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Client Management team is comprised of client-facing relationship management and sales professionals who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success. We work with PIMCO's clients and prospects around the world to better understand their investment objectives, deliver appropriate solutions and deepen partnerships.
The US Public Client team
in particular is responsible for fostering, growing and strengthening relationships with Government defined benefit, defined contribution, and permanent fund institutions as well as multi-employer plans. The team is seeking to hire an experienced business development professional to market PIMCO's capabilities across asset classes (fixed income, equities, quant, private credit, etc.) in the Western US.
The role is likely to be based in Newport Beach or Austin, TX but we may have flexibility for the role to be based in other US offices. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Position Requirements: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Drive sales across the full spectrum of PIMCO investment solutions by developing relationships with public and multi-employer institutions in the Western US
- Contribute to the broader team and firm by sharing client and sales insights, and best practices
- Educate clients about a broad set of investment strategies and build relationships across client organizations
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs, organizational structure and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
- Collaborate with other PIMCO investment professionals, including Product Strategists and Portfolios Managers
- Provide information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions
- Outline the firm's current economic outlook and portfolio strategy
- 5-15 years' experience in institutional business development, with deep relationships with public and multi-employer institutions in the Western US and strong understanding of the sales process as it relates to institutional investors.
- Track record of successful selling products across the investment spectrum.
- Solid knowledge of the investment industry including a deep understanding of alternatives and fixed income investing
- Ability to drive results in close collaboration with fellow Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals
- Outstanding communication skills; must exhibit the ability to clearly and concisely articulate PIMCO capabilities to sophisticated investors, both in written work and presentations to large and small audiences.
- Strong analytical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative. Able to listen to client needs and forge solutions
- Ability to initiate and lead discussion - intellectually curious, thoughtful; consultative approach; cultivate meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues
- Undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree and/or CFA/CAIA is preferred
- Series 7, 63, 3 and other applicable licenses, or ability to obtain immediately upon joining
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office