We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.02 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,050 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The technology group provides everything from cutting edge trade floor technology to day-to-day efficiency tools. Portfolio managers, Account Managers, Analytics, Compliance and the whole organization are heavily dependent on technology to make the best investment and trading decisions for our clients.
The asset management industry is undergoing a number of shifts from digitization, cost compression, automation and an evolving landscape of partners and technology providers.
PIMCO is looking for a candidate to lead our enterprise architecture and technology strategy function to develop the next generation of our technology architecture. This role will include partnering with the recently announced HUB initiative to help design, phase and migrate to solutions and services being developed by HUB.
An ideal candidate will have end to end functional knowledge of an asset manager, from attracting new clients, aligning their needs to investments, and the ongoing activities of managing their portfolio. Your average day is going to include leveraging your understanding of high-level end-to-end business workflows, mapping them to technology solution, and from there you translate business opportunities to technology solutions, building an overview of the business case as well as a roadmap to make improvements. Responsibilities
- Work with senior members across the organization to understand large-scale opportunities, develop our enterprise architecture
- Build an outcome-driven plan on how to take advantage of opportunities in partnership with business counterparts
- Follow through into implementation working in partnership with engineering leads - going into data models, workflows or application architecture
- 8+ years of experience in a thought leadership role within an asset manager
- BS in computer science, engineering or similar field is optional. MSc/PhD is a plus.
- Strong understanding of end to end functions of a full service asset manager OR deep expertise in one or more functions (trading, compliance, client reporting, risk etc.) combined with a desire to learn the remaining areas
- Highly commercial with an understanding of the need to deliver incremental value while iterating towards strategic goals
- The role is likely not coding day to day and requires depth on functional expertise. There is a preference for individuals who have retained a passion for technology and development and have expertise or exposure to the latest in data engineering, data management solutions or software development
- Desire to get into the trenches and drive solutions to problems (i.e. no ivory towers). Mindset to enable and servant leadership
- Ability to collaborate across technology and business groups
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office