Associate - Client Solutions & Analytics
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking an Associate to join its Client Solutions & Analytics group in Newport Beach, CA. This group leverages PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our clients make better investment decisions. The group seeks to generate actionable investment insights for clients by combining a deep understanding of their objectives with an analysis of potential market opportunities and risks.
Started in 2009 as one of the industry's first "Solutions" teams, PIMCO's Client Solutions & Analytics group partners with a diverse range of clients across all geographies and channels. The group seeks to generate actionable investment insights for clients in a range of ways, including performing customized analyses, publishing research and building bespoke strategies across a variety of asset classes in both public and private markets. The team's 80+ team members across multiple global offices span a number of specialties and work closely with a number of PIMCO teams, including portfolio managers and account managers.
The Associate will assist Strategists in the group in running analysis on client portfolios, developing investment recommendations, and producing customized presentation materials. The role requires a solid understanding of all major asset classes and how they interact in a portfolio. The Associate will gain exposure to a range of investment strategies and develop an in-depth knowledge of PIMCO's portfolio analysis toolkit. In addition, the Associate will have the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of Strategists and other investment professionals at PIMCO.
- Support Strategists in analyzing client portfolios and building presentations that detail PIMCO's analysis and conclusions
- Use proprietary software and external data sources to run risk analytics, optimizations, economic scenario analyses, and stress tests
- Manage a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Maintain standard presentation materials via periodic updates
- Develop an understanding of PIMCO investment strategies and their risks and benefits in different market environments
- Assist in monitoring the group's project queue and operating metrics
- Collaborate with Account Management, Analytics, and Product Strategy groups
- Ad-hoc research projects and analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in and enthusiasm for investment management
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-starter with strong production and results orientation
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills to package content for client consumption
- Must work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strong investment knowledge base across all asset classes, especially fixed income
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; reasonable proficiency with Bloomberg, databases, and other analytic tools preferred
- Background in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, and/or modeling
- CFA designation or active status in program desired
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office