Business Analyst – Hadoop
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Business Analyst – Hadoop
We Are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
Core data technology team is looking for a business analyst to help with portfolio risk and big data historical data warehouse project. Candidate needs to be energetic, willing to learn and be hands on to get the project completed. Ideal candidate office location will be Newport Beach CA but will consider NY office.
- Capture, analyze and document requirements for historical data warehouse project
- Capture, analyze and document requirements for portfolio risk platform
- Capture, analyze and document requirements for python in PIMCO project
- Ensure clean and transparent JIRA projects and provide documentations in PIMCO's internal wiki.
- Provide clear communication to stake holders related to requirements and project.
- Mid-level candidate with 3-10 years of experience.
Experience with complex project in finance and trading or experience with BigData technology, database warehousing projects.
- Ability to write SQL to query databases
- Experience working with JIRA and agile
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written
- Track record of successful projects in finance
- Ability to communicate requirements to developers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.