We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Working closely with the US Commercial Real Estate team, the Vice President, Asset Management will provide leadership across all phases of a transaction. The key responsibility of this hire will be to maximize returns on the investment portfolio, ensuring that assets reach their full potential before disposition.
Providing drive and leadership, the individual must communicate frequently with other members of the real estate team to capitalize on group synergies and to ensure decisions are consistent with the overall investment thesis.
The role can be located in either New York or Newport Beach. Key Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage a portfolio of equity investments to create maximum value.
- Approve and oversee execution on asset level business plans.
- Manage operating and joint venture relationships.
- Develop and review refinancing strategies in conjunction with finance professionals.
- Participate in acquisitions to assist in underwriting and transition activities to asset management.
- Manage reporting information to external parties (clients, consultants).
- Assist in refining best-in-class asset management policies and procedures.
- A college degree in business administration, real estate, finance, or related field preferred. Master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of asset management experience at institutional investment firm, ideally at the opportunistic end of the risk return spectrum.
- 10+ years of professional experience in real estate or related industry.
- Equity, debt and operating company experience preferred.
- Experience across all asset classes, ideally including land and / or residential development.
- Proven leadership skills working across cross-functional teams (internal/external constituencies).
- Strong due diligence and analytical skills.
- Driven, energetic, well-organized, good administrative skills, attention to detail.
- Poised, articulate, effective presentation skills, both written and oral.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office