We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Compensation Analyst to join our growing team. You will work with the Manager of Compensation to support strategy development, design, implementation, administration, and governance of compensation programs for key PIMCO operating groups. This is a collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with business leadership, Human Resources, Finance, and Legal to understand business issues and collectively develop effective business solutions. The role can be based in New York or Newport Beach. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become a subject matter expert in compensation related HR processes, using this knowledge and data to introduce process efficiencies and improvements, analyze data to identify trends and make informed decisions to drive improvement.
- Design and implement corporately aligned and local compensation programs in collaboration with HR, business unit, and local market leadership.
- Efficiently and effectively, execute both corporate compensation processes including job architecture and compensation structure design and maintenance, management of merit and incentive planning, market analysis, key hire offers, and variable pay program governance support.
- Develop data-driven solutions focused on improving both operational efficiencies and employee experience, identifying both short- and long-term opportunities.
- Ensure the capability to monitor local market trend information to ensure compensation programs are competitive and responsive to business unit needs.
- Monitor the efficiency of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures, recommending plan revisions as needed, in support of the strategic objectives and evolving external requirements.
- Stay current on compensation trends and serve as the subject matter expert and technical resource on all compensation related matters.
- BA/BS in related field; an MBA is helpful.
- Financial services experience is helpful.
- Excel proficiency is required; Access or compensation system experience preferred
- 2+ years' experience in compensation functions (design and delivery).
- Outstanding analytical, executive engagement and presentation skills.
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization capability.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office