We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Working with other attorneys and paralegal staff, the Vice President, Counsel - Legal Funds, will provide legal support for PIMCO's U.S. registered funds, including open-end funds, closed-end funds and exchange-traded funds and PIMCO's collective investment trusts. You will review and negotiate various agreements, including: intermediary agreements, fund participation agreements, ETF authorized participant agreements, and agreements with fund service providers. You will provide ongoing legal advice to various internal groups relating to the funds, including: the Funds Business Group, Compliance, Global Wealth Management, Account Management and Product Strategy. You will assist in the preparation and review of materials for board meetings and will handle other legal and regulatory matters as assigned.
The position will be based in either Newport Beach, CA or Austin, TX.
• J.D. and excellent academic credentials from a top tier law school
• 3-10 years of experience at a leading law firm or in-house experience focused on Asset Management (highly desirable)
• Member of the Bar of any US State
• Demonstrated knowledge of securities laws applicable to registered investment companies, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, and experience with SEC filings for registered investment companies required
• Experience with closed-end funds, open-end funds and CITs
• Knowledge of Regulated Investment Company tax rules Position Requirements:
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
•Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas
•Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the ability to be immediately, personally credible within the organization and in the investment and client communities
•An independent entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to get things done
•Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals
•Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally
•Well-organized, high energy level/self-starter; must work well in a team environment, especially with other senior level employees Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office