DC Institutional Associate
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
DC Institutional Associate
PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm, manages investments and develops solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.6 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,200 employees in 11 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought-leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO also manages over $110B in DC assets serving institutional plan sponsors, consultants, advisors, and DC platforms. The institutional DC channel is a team of experts dedicated to providing specialized service and support direct to institutional sized plan sponsor and consultant relationships which includes investment advice (across asset classes), analytic modeling, and thought-leadership regarding effective DC plan design and innovative retirement solutions.
The DC Institutional Associate's responsibilities include providing critical support to DC Account Managers in identifying, qualifying and managing business development opportunities as well as providing servicing support to DC Service Provider clients. More specifically, the associate will provide both quantitative and qualitative support to our marketing efforts, as well as project management. In addition this person will contribute to stable value client servicing, management of wraps and wrap relationships, administration and oversight of ongoing operational processes, and generally support the PIMCO stable value business.
The DC Institutional Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Track and analyze PIMCO DC investment flows, trends in product growth, and market penetration
- Tracking DC prospect sales, coverage and relationship development efforts, including updating and managing DC opportunities
- Identifying DC business development opportunities and support meetings with DC Practice Account Managers to develop strategy to go after opportunities
- Supporting business development efforts including developing and monitoring intranet, internet and CRM DC related postings, helping develop and disseminate marketing material, and other related activities
- Conducting annual DC consulting support and trends survey, including refreshing questions, contacting firms, gathering data, summarizing and publishing
- Support plan sponsor DC efforts, including conducting the Multinational Corporate plan sponsor survey, developing client/prospect lists, and supporting multinational roundtables
- Respond to ad hoc DC-related marketing requests and analysis from both internal and external clients
- Help to gather, synthesize, and share market and competitor intelligence
- Perform operational stable value functions, such as portfolio oversight, rate reset processing, trade processing, data compilation, and reporting to clients
- Develop responses to audit requests, RFIs, RFPs, and questionnaires.
- Enhance systems and audit processes to ensure the timely and accurate management, processing, and storage of information regarding all aspects of stable value accounts.
- Complete other ad hoc duties related to the day-to-day management of stable value portfolios as well as supporting the firm's new business and client service initiatives.
- Minimum four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, or Accounting and strong academic record. Possession or progress towards a graduate degree and/or the CFA designation is a significant plus.
- Ideal candidates should have 2+ years of experience working directly with clients in financial services, stable value or asset management. They should be familiar with fixed income instruments and the economic underpinnings of the fixed income asset class.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and, ideally, Zephyr, Morningstar, MMD, BrightScope, and other investment analytical tools. Excel proficiency and experience with VBA macros and writing SQL reports a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with effective time management skills to ensure that all work is completed accurately, on time, and with attention to detail.
- Well-developed quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills to analyze portfolio data and underlying market factors to complete more qualitative and complex investment analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and automate information management processes.
- Well-developed listening skills and the ability to engage in dialogue with senior sales, operations, benefits, investment, and finance professionals.
- Strong sense of accountability, teamwork, and urgency for achieving results.
- Ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, and professional environment.
- Strong sense of integrity and behavior consistent with PIMCO's expressed values and ethical principles.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.