We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Data Architect to work on projects focused on delivering the best of breed data architecture at PIMCO to enable client insights and analytics. The candidate should demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of cloud data architecture, data modeling, real-time data processing, automated data pipelines, MPP systems, Big Data and Business Intelligence. As a Data Architect, you will be working on defining the data platforms and processes to enable the firm to unlock the potential of data. You will have opportunities to expand your career into exciting new directions and have an impact on our enterprise strategies for information. Position Requirements:
- 8+ years of Data Architecture and Business Intelligence supporting Analytics or Data Science
- Experience with or in-depth knowledge of database and big data platforms (RDMBS, MPP, Hadoop, NoSQL)
- Experience designing, building and operating robust distributed systems.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Effectively work across team boundaries to establish overarching data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams.
- Hands-on, extensive experience preferably with AWS (or another cloud platform) required.
- Advanced understanding of data analysis, data modeling, database/data warehouse design concepts, and event system
- Strong experience in building high-performance, reliable and scalable data services
- Excellent at working with complex data structures and data models to provide recommendations on business focused data architecture
- Is passionate about data and problem solving and driven to achieve great results for customers.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in CS/EE, or equivalent experience.
- Domain knowledge of Financial Services
- Hands-on experience with working with Cloud technologies, including AWS
- Skilled at designing and implementing ETL frameworks
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies
- Experience with *nix environments, including shell script development
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office