We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Data Architect to help drive projects focused on delivering the best of breed data architecture at PIMCO to enable client insights and analytics. The candidate should demonstrate an advanced level of understanding of cloud data architecture, data modeling, real-time data processing, automated data pipelines, MPP systems, Big Data and Business Intelligence. As part of our team you will be working on defining the data platforms and processes to enable the firm to unlock the potential of data. You will have opportunities to expand your career into exciting new directions and have an impact on our enterprise strategies for information. Position Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- Experience with or in-depth knowledge of analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development
- Hands-on, extensive experience with cloud technologies with AWS (or another cloud platform) required.
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Advanced understanding of data analysis, data modeling, database/data warehouse design concepts, and event system
- Strong experience in building high-performance, reliable and scalable data services
- Excellent at working with complex data structures and data models to provide recommendations on business focused data architecture
- Current hands-on implementation experience required
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Hands-on experience of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Implementation and tuning experience specifically using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR)
- Customer facing skills to represent Data architecture well and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation.
- Domain knowledge of Financial Services.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office