Enterprise Risk Management
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Enterprise Risk Management
PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2,200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. We are recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients around the world. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Reporting into the Global Head of Enterprise Risk, the successful candidate will play a key role in the continual development and operation of PIMCO's enterprise risk management framework. The Enterprise Risk Management team is responsible for overseeing the identification and management of enterprise-wide risks, in conjunction with the appropriate functions across PIMCO globally. With enterprise risk spanning all aspects of the business, this role provides a unique opportunity to interact with key stakeholders across the firm and to learn about PIMCO's products, services and processes. We are looking for a thought partner and team player who will support the development and operation of the risk management framework and who will be effective in engaging with the business, providing structure and challenge to the way in which it thinks about and manages its risks.
• ERM Risk Reporting - Provide support for the further development of the risk appetite framework, risk profiling and the production of risk reporting to key stakeholders, Committees and Boards.
• Risk Framework Development - Support the continual development and embedding of the enterprise risk management framework, including the roll-out of the risk framework tools and training.
• Risk Framework Facilitation - Provide support and challenge to the business in the operation of the risk management framework, including the periodic Top Risk Assessment review, identification of Emerging Risks, update of Risk & Control Self Assessments and the identification and evaluation of Key Risk Indicators.
• Risk Initiatives - Work with business areas to identify potential material risk issues and facilitate, provide support for adhoc risk initiatives
• Business Continuity Program Support - Support the Global Head of Business Continuity in the continual development and operation of the business continuity program.
• Undergraduate degree required and graduate degree preferred, with a good grounding in financial services. Experience within asset management is preferred.
• Working knowledge of risk management frameworks and regulatory requirements, that are relevant to the operation of a global investment management company.
• Well rounded understanding of the investment process, or similarly complex financial services processes, and related operations, technology, compliance and audit functions.
• Ability to work with key stakeholders to develop and implement solutions to reduce risks across the organization.
• A strong team player and self-starter who is able to work independently, prioritize deliverables efficiently and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to timely completion.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details required. Experience with incident root cause analysis, process improvement, or business continuity management a plus. The best candidates would also be inquisitive, adaptive and agile learners.
• PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
• 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
• Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
• Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
www.pimco.com or blog.pimco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.