Portfolio Associate - Fx Global
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Portfolio Associate - Fx Global
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO has over 2,200 employees in 13 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
Portfolio Associate Team Overview
Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates use their mathematical and fixed income training to actively monitor portfolios and markets to assist Portfolio Managers in measuring risk and managing client assets. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
PIMCO is seeking a Portfolio Associate to assist with efforts on the Global Desk in Newport Beach. This position will join the existing team and work with and support the majority of PIMCO FX volume across G10 currencies as well as a significant part of the EM FX volume. The Portfolio Associate must build strong relationships with all other PIMCO desks to ensure that the FX book remains aligned across the firm.
Location: Newport Beach, CA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support Portfolio Managers on PIMCO's Global Desk in the capacity of an expert on all currency related matters
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of currency exposures in Global Portfolios as well as Offshore vehicles and Overlay Strategies
- Become an expert in all currency related legal guidelines and take proper action daily to stay within the limits.
- Attend PIMCO account opening and closing meetings as an advisor on proper currency management
- Perform Risk Management on a daily basis in regards to currency hedging and rebalances
- Become an expert in all G10 and EM conventions and mechanics from trade to settlement for spot, forward and OTC options
- Prior experience in Foreign Currency trade support or operations role/capacity preferred
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high pressure environment
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate information effectively in writing and interpersonal communications
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to solve problems in a timely basis
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Ability to manage and see projects through completion on their own and be self-motivated
- Well organized, self-starter, must work well in a team environment
- Strong Foreign Currency investment knowledge base required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA, Bloomberg
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.