We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a PMs/Analysts on the Commodities desk specializing in US or International Natural Gas and or Environment markets. In this role you will work with the MD and team to develop trade ideas based off fundamental and structural analysis. The ideal candidate will have a history generating trade ideas and PnL or has a strong analytic background and desire to run risk and develop trade ideas. This individual will be able to articulate what their possible edge might be, particularly if they have not directly run and deployed risk before. Position Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree
• Ideally 3 - 7 years of experience with deep knowledge of the Natural Gas markets or Environmental products (emissions allowances, LCFS, REC, and or RINS) is desirable.
• Creativity in problem solving and strong attention to detail important.
• Strong quantitative skills and knowledge of statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics a big plus.
• Prior experience in risk sizing, trade execution and portfolio management is helpful although not essential. We will help candidate develop these skills and become PM if originating from analyst background.
• Programming skills, preferably either in Python, are helpful but not essential.
• Good communication and ability to effectively communicate research results and ideas.
• Desire to work in a collaborative environment and as part of broader team. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office