We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO Analytics is seeking a Quantitative Analyst to play an exciting and dynamic role providing portfolio construction for the systematic equity investment process! You will be joining a small and high-impact team contributing to the development of systematic investment strategies across the firm. In this role you will assist Portfolio Managers understand their portfolio optimization strategies and analyze portfolio risk and performance with Axioma proprietary portfolio optimizer. You will extensive interaction with PIMCO's portfolio managers, researchers, and product strategists to assist in strategy development and implementation for new and existing client investment mandates. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop in a fast paced environment, getting exposure to all asset classes and contributing to PIMCO's suite of quantitative frameworks.
- Work closely with Core Analytics and Portfolio Managers in order to optimize portfolios to meet client objectives.
- Research and respond to optimization, risk analysis, and attribution questions.
- Ensure validity of analytics produced and delivered to internal clients.
- Collect and provide feedback in order to understand ongoing needs of users, recommend and implement improvements, and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement improvements for better performance and maintainability.
- Develop and test new strategies, portfolio construction approaches, and risk-related scenarios.
- Bachelor or Master's degree with a background in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, or Computer Science.
- 2-5 years of experience in index replication and long-only portfolio construction. Familiarity with long-short portfolio construction is an added advantage.
- Experience and familiarity with Axioma optimization packages, as well as commercial risk models and ITG transactions costs models.
- Very good mathematical and computational skills in linear algebra, statistics, and finance.
- Programming experience using Python and or MATLAB to build and extend optimization infrastructure.
- Proven understanding of equity portfolio construction methods.
- Conversant in portfolio optimization process and theory.
- Ability to handle multiple reviews/requests simultaneously with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office