We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Portfolio Management Analytics team seeks a quantitative developer for our fixed income risk systems. This candidate will gain broad exposure to various fixed income products and consistently interact with quantitative professionals and portfolio managers. The system covers both single security valuation and portfolio analytics.
In this position you will be involved in implementing or integrating new financial instruments and enhancements of the analytics platform. Using your strong programming skills, C++ and Python, you will be responsible for design, development, testing, and responding to Portfolio Management questions. This is a phenomenal opportunity to grow your product knowledge in fixed income as well as develop your quantitative programming skills. Position Requirements:
- Minimum bachelor degree in core science or engineering. Graduation from a top school is preferred, and computer science degree is helpful as well.
- Strong programming skills in C++ as well as Python. This is a 100% hands-on coding job. Any experience in fixed income products, and/or parallel computing is preferred.
- 2-3 years of working experience in front office at premier financial firms. Strong attention to details and result driven with high standard. Responsible for the whole development cycle and being a standout colleague interacting across a variety of teams.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office