Senior Accounting Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervising the monthly accounting close for PIMCO and multiple PIMCO global subsidiaries within a fast-paced, corporate accounting department. This position will supervise accounting professionals and serve as a liaison to accounting management and financial teams in various locations and bookkeepers around the world. Essential Responsibilities:
(including the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinate and supervise the monthly accounting close for PIMCO and multiple PIMCO global subsidiaries.
- Financial reporting for various PIMCO entities on a US GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP basis. This requires basic knowledge and ability to research technical accounting guidance.
- Coordinate audits (internal and external) and review the audited financial statements and related regulatory reports for certain PIMCO global subsidiaries.
- Respond to and/or lead special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university
- CPA and a minimum of 5-7 years of experience (including manager level) within a Public Accounting firm
- Knowledge of US GAAP required & IFRS preferred
- Experience drafting technical accounting memos
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail to ensure quality work, ability to prioritize
- Sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues, advanced decision-making skills
- High quality written and verbal communication skills as it relates to responding effectively to inquiries from various levels of management
- Able to collaborate and develop/maintain positive working relationships within a cross-cultural team setting and cross departments/entities
- Experience working in a very multifaceted, fast-paced and results-oriented environment, and ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, client-support orientation, and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
- Looks to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvement
The following skills are preferred but not essential requirements:
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Investment Management industry
- Regulatory experience
- Working experience and/r knowledge of SAP
- Professional experience in a global organization and environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office