Senior Software Developer - C#/Java/Python/Cloud
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: We are PIMCO
, a global investment management firm with a singular focus on preserving and enhancing investors' assets. We manage investments for institutions, financial advisors and individuals, helping millions of people around the world meet their financial goals.
Our technology powers the firm's global trading platform. We employ sophisticated and cutting edge technology tools that support PIMCO's core investment management strategy. Why PIMCO?
At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below). PIMCO's Technology Team
is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, Austin, New York, London, Munich, Singapore and Tokyo.
We are looking for a software developer to help advance our risk reporting platform related initiatives. Our team is developing and supporting one of the most critical, proprietary risk management systems within PIMCO, which is used by portfolio managers and trading personnel firm wide in their daily job and plays critical role in their decision-making process. Being in our team, you will be working on projects that require extremely high performance, scalability and stability, which is not available in any current external commercial platform.
You will be exposed to challenging financial and computer science problems at the same time. A successful candidate should have a depth of knowledge in software development such as object oriented programming, algorithm and data structure, multi-thread and concurrency, big data framework, performance tuning, etc. Responsibilities:
- Support and develop in-house advanced portfolio risk management application suite
- Ability to work with offshore contractors team to maintain existing code base and develop new features
- Resolve production issues real time Work with a global technology team across U.S., Asia, and Europe
- Enhance stability and efficiency of portfolio risk reporting solution
- Support and develop the core structure of high speed risk measure calculation platform
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- Strong programming and analytical skills
- Experienced in one of the following languages, in the order of preference: C#, Java, Python, C++
- Passionate about programming and eager to make a difference
- Familiar with Oracle DB, or MySQL, or Mongo DB
- Financial knowledge is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or similar field or equivalent experience. Master's Degree a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office