Sr. DevOps Manager - Systematic Trading
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Are you interested in driving the design and implementation of a multi asset systematic trading platform and supporting the day-to-day operations? Do you want to be part of a small team that is closely connected to the business and strategies? The primary responsibility of this role will be to help support running systematic strategies, include building the necessary tools, infrastructure, control of environments, and promotion of the code base. The secondary responsibility is to help oversee support tools and environments across different software applications involved running key strategies (CMEF order generation, OMS, EMS to position feedback). There are multitude of systems and teams involved to generate and execute a systematic trade so providing a consistent end to end set of tools and support models across the platform is critical. Position Requirements:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 7+ years working with systematic or electronic trading systems in a DevOps capacity
- Experience consolidating multiple tools and support models across multiple teams to and efficient cohesive process
- Experience providing technical support of real-time electronic trading systems with low or no touch execution, support area with domain knowledge in market data, pricing and execution.
- Past experience working with cluster of servers, Linux, best practices with SDLC, CI/CD, promotion of code and infrastructure
- Extensive domain knowledge of electronically traded financial products (ideally should include one or more of the following: equity, swaps, FX or futures)
- Hands on technical proficiency with: real-time monitoring tools, Python or a major scripting language to build automation tools
- Strong communication skill is required for incident management, code promotion process, working with multiple stakeholders as well as application teams.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office