Transaction Associate â€" Private Credit/Residential
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Transaction Associate will play a critical and central role in supporting the smooth operation of the closing activities for the US Private Credit Desk, US Residential Loan Desk and the US Special Situations Desk with respect to our Alternatives Business Management.
- Liaison with PM and all relevant support groups (Legal/Ops/Finance/Tax/Risk/Compliance/TAs) to ensure all internal policies and processes have been completed prior to close
- Coordinate with Trade Assistants and Trade Compliance to ensure smooth trade flow process
- Assist PMs with Deskâ€™s deal pipeline management â€" including deal setup in DealCloud, monitoring and updating settlement information, coordinating with Alts Operations and Alts Finance on timing for liquidity purposes, as well as verifying pipeline info is properly flowing through to downstream reporting and work-streams
- Deal Tagging updates â€" coordinate with Trade Assistants and Alts Finance on appropriate tagging in the Fund Custodian and Risk systems
- Assist Desk PMs in review of quarterly Origination and Asset Management reporting
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from Portfolio Management and other groups, as necessary
- 1-3 years of experience; strong, relevant internship experience acceptable
- Fixed Income technical skills and experience in a buy or sell side trade room preferred
- Corporate and/or consumer loan closing experience a plus
- Compliance related experience and/or legal background a plus
- Strong relationship skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Well-refined communications skills. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
POSITION DEVELOPMENT VALUE
- Extensive exposure to senior industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office