- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
We Are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm that manages some $1.5 trillion in assets for savers and other clients around the world. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
As a developer in this role you will develop applications utilized by PIMCO's portfolio management and trading activities. Your focus will be on effective end user interaction with our software, in a fast paced environment where every millisecond counts.
- User interface development and support through analysis, design, coding, and testing.
- Interaction with the business for requirements capture and delivery of features.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Skilled in Object Oriented Design, Component Architecture Implementation, Unit Test Frameworks (Jasmine/ Karma), e2e Testing with Protractor, HTTP/Rest, CSS3 with Sass/Less, tsLint, Third-Party Components for Grids/Charting/etc., Responsive Web Design, Node.js, Mobile app development a plus, C#/WPF a plus but not required.
- Familiar with MVVM design pattern and experience with RESTFUL services.
- Working knowledge of data structures, design patterns & algorithms.
- Experience with third party controls such as Telerik KendoUI, Wijmo, or Infragistics controls is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills
- You embody the key competencies and leadership skills necessary to be successful at PIMCO: Integrity, Learning Agility, Results Orientation, Intellectual Rigor and Emotional Intelligence.
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings with company matching
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
www.pimco.com or blog.pimco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.