We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The UI/UX Developer will be part of our team twill help deliver advanced software applications while ensuring alignment with portfolio analytical and technology initiatives. The role will provide technical outcomes for portfolio analytic team using the latest HTML5 technology as well as support for the legacy WPF applications. You will work closely with team members to developer efficient solutions in web technologies and support other developers in understanding and solving complex problems. Goals:
- Understand the requirements of the business and how they relate to the system being built.
- Ownership in ensuring outcomes are met and delivered.
- Ensure that the agreed quality of the system is being met.
- Work within the team to deliver to the accepted criteria defined for a story.
- Constantly looking for opportunities for technical improvement that can be added to the backlog
- Participate in development meetings and conduct additional research to improve quality
- Partner with business users and analytic team to understand requirements to improve the application
- Research technical opportunities based on the direction of the technical lead
- Help develop logic, test output, and debug
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science with minimum 1 year working experience. Internship in a financial firm will be considered.
- Deep understanding of UX concepts
- Professional experience with Angular and HTML5
- Working knowledge of WPF
- Previous experience working in an agile development environment as a Team Member or Product Owner
- Deep understanding of web technologies such as HTML, CSS/LESS/SASS, Typescript, Angular2 and Node.js
- Strong SQL skill is a must and experience on Oracle is preferred.
- Financial background is a plus.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office