VP, Assistant Fund Treasurer, Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The PIMCO Funds Treasurer's Office supports the PIMCO Fund Business group and Operations teams that are responsible for operating and overseeing PIMCO's global public and private fund complexes and separate accounts. This position represents an opportunity to learn from, and contribute to, PIMCO's management and oversight of these Funds.
The Mutual Fund Assistant Treasurer will primarily focus on accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting, and assisting in management reporting and oversight that is used to coordinate and oversee PIMCO's 1940 Act open-end and closed-end funds. Additionally, special projects will be assigned that will provide a broad array of exposure to the global fund administration business.
If you are someone who brings attention to detail; the ability to distill, analyze, and summarize data for consumption by senior management and the Board of Trustees; the ability to run multiple and meaningful priorities; the ability to understand workflows and have a natural inclination to streamline and automate processes; and excellent oral and written communication skills, we would like to hear from you!
This role may be based in Newport Beach, CA or Austin, TX. Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage a risk-focused oversight model that addresses all aspects of the Funds' operations, SOX disclosure controls and internal controls over financial reporting
- Implement, document, and ensure adherence to accounting policies, including security and transaction policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the financial reporting team to review financial statements and regulatory filings, including oversight of fund prospectus documents
- Assist in coordinating all audit efforts with service providers and external auditors as well as Audit Committee materials
- Oversee and manage fund expenses, including managing budgets, performing fee reviews, and all other components of the funds' expense ratio
- Lead/participate in various fund-related initiatives and events
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly Board Reporting materials and appropriate Management Reporting
- Establish and maintain key internal relationships (legal, compliance, product management, etc.) and external vendors
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting. An MBA, CPA, or CFA a plus
- 5-10 years of financial reporting or Big 4 audit experience within investment management
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytical terms and translating business requirements
- Effective, clear, and concise interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Intellectually curious, solutions-oriented, controls-minded, and possess a process-improvement attitude
- Ambitious with strong project management and organizational skills
- Adaptable to fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task competing priorities
- A solid teammate with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and develop consultative relationships across the business
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office