VP, Business Continuity Program Manager
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
VP, Business Continuity Program Manager
PIMCO is a global investment solutions provider with more than 2,200 dedicated professionals in 12 countries focused on a single mission: to manage risks and deliver returns for our clients. We are recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients around the world. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Within the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) group and reporting to the Global Business Continuity Program Director, the successful candidate will manage the on-going operations of PIMCO's global Business Continuity Management (BCM) program and be an essential contributor to the program's continuous improvement strategy and execution. This role will routinely interface with executive level management and work with a broad set of stakeholders across the organization (including business units, Technology, State Street IMS as the firm's outsourced back-office provider, Human Resources, and Office Services among others).
In addition to being highly authoritative in the BCM core disciplines, the successful candidate will be an effective change agent able to think broadly about how to maintain business resilience within the firm's risk appetite and in the face of ever evolving disruption threats and business environment and proficient at implementing program objectives with and through the broader organization.
- BCM Program Operation: lead Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) refreshes, global testing and exercise program (including facilities and DR data center tests as well as crisis team table top simulations), BCM Steering Group monthly meeting and reporting routines, oversight of ongoing alignment of Disaster Recovery system environment with business requirements, event management, client due-diligence questionnaires response and meetings, vendor assessments and contingency planning, and training and awareness program.
- BCM Program Development: work in collaboration with Global Program Director and BCM Steering Group in conducting yearly program assessment, formulating the program's yearly strategic road map and executing on the road map and other development projects.
- ERM Support: As part of the wider ERM function, the candidate will be expected to contribute towards and provide support for the continual development and operation of the broader ERM program.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree is a plus.
- 5+ years BCM experience, including as program manager in comparable size / complexity organization; strong proficiency in all core BCM pillars (including BIA, business continuity plans development, testing, technology disaster recovery, event management) required; knowledge of and experience deploying BCM tools (e.g. RSA Archer, LDRPS) as well as industry certification (e.g. BCI, DRII) are pluses.
- Experience within asset management or related industry is a plus (including general understanding of the investment process, or similarly complex financial services processes, and related operations, technology, compliance and audit functions).
- Effective change agent that develops productive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders as well as with senior management; identifies innovative yet pragmatic solutions and is able to constructively challenge status-quo.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, prioritize deliverables efficiently and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to timely completion.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details required. Experience with operational risk management, information security, process design and improvement, evaluation/ design or implementation of technology solutions as well are pluses. The best candidates would also be inquisitive, adaptive and agile learners.
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.