Vice President, Counsel-Private Fund Transactions
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Vice President, Counsel (Private Fund Transactions)
We are seeking a Vice President, Counsel, to join our legal team based in Newport Beach, CA to support the private fund transactions business, which includes: residential mortgage credit, distressed loan, private equity, and special situations/corporate transactions, as well as other matters from time to time.
The Attorney will work in the Legal group and will be responsible for the following:
Key Relationships include:
- Provide transactional support for private fund deal teams (including residential mortgage credit, distressed loan, and special situations/corporate teams)
- Interact with outside counsel and oversee transactions
- Identify and manage various corporate, legal, and regulatory issues associated with transactions, including those related to PIMCO and potential expansion of PIMCO's business model
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and potential compliance impacts to inform PIMCO strategy and corporate initiatives
- Oversee relationships with outside counsel and legal services in connection with transactions and other relevant matters
- Work on other legal projects
Position Requirements: Qualifications:
- Legal/Compliance Teams
- Portfolio Management
- Outside legal counsel
- Product Management
- Executive Office
- J.D. and excellent academic credentials from a top tier US law school.
- 5-10 years at a leading law firm or a combination of experience in-house experience in addition to global Financial Services or Private Equity firm, focused on residential mortgage credit, private equity and/or special situations transactions.
- Significant, substantive experience drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of residential real estate and private equity financing arrangements and negotiating and drafting all relevant transaction documents.
- Familiarity with MNPI and conflicts of interest issues faced by investment managers with many public and private funds and accounts is a plus.
- U.S. experience necessary, additional experience in non-U.S. transactions is a plus.
- Well organized, high energy level/self-starter, must work well in a team environment, especially with other officer level employees.
- Communication skills to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment, with the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally.
- Solutions-driven individual with an ability to drive forward on issues and an ability to get things done.
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach.
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the ability to be immediately, personally credible within the organization and in the investment and client communities.
- Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals.
- Consensus builder and team player with the ability to work well within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural skills, and sensitivities to work effectively in a global organization.
- Demonstrated legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset, and collaborative style.
- Champions a client-first approach and vision across all business functions, including corporate initiatives, business planning, and strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple, concurrent priorities and delivering on commitments.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office