Workday Prism Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
What does PIMCO's People Analytics Team do?
We are tasked with implementing a firm wide People Analytics strategy that leverages workforce data to generate insights that would enable and empower HR and business leaders to facilitate better business outcomes and also provide enhanced employee experience.
The Data Integration Manager, reporting to the Head of People Analytics is a hands-on role responsible for creating and implementing the data strategy for People Analytics. You will work with the peers in the People Analytics team, HR professionals and partner with PIMCO's technology teams, as needed.
Above all, empathy and collaboration are needed. You will be working, consulting, and helping across many teams as an enabler with an opportunity to make a large impact.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
• Capture and analyze requirements for Workday Prism Analytics as well as the on-premise SQL Server Data Warehouse (DW)
• Maintain and enhance the logical and physical data warehouse models to centralize all data from sources like legacy and current HR systems
• Design frameworks to enable:
o Storage of benchmarks and reference data from internal and external sources
o Ingestion and usage of outputs generated from ML and statistical models
o Perform and utilize Organization Network Analysis (ONA) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) for data collected from surveys
• Design ETLs and author ETL rules for populating the data into the DW and Workday Prism
• Work with PIMCO's technology teams to implement the data models and ETLs for the DW
• Manage multiple datasets and automatic schedules for refreshing data in Workday Prism
• Perform hands-on data wrangling to enable robust analytics and reporting from various data sources
• Apply role-based and contextual security in Workday Prism by utilizing the Workday security framework
• Lead workforce data testing and assist with debugging data integrity issues
• Work with the Data Governance analyst to establish lineage of data elements Position Requirements:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with building end-to-end scalable enterprise data warehouses in SQL Server or Oracle
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with Workday Prism Analytics and demonstrated deep knowledge of Workday reporting tools
• Hands on experience working with Workday Reporting tools and Workday security framework and well-versed with commonly used HR metrics
• Expert in on-premise or DaaS ETL technologies with experience with tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep, Talend or Informatica
• Expert in dimensional modeling with solid experience in Oracle or SQL Server databases and in-depth understanding of Relational database models
• Expert in using MS Excel for data prep and transformation
• Hands-on knowledge in writing, understanding and tuning SQL scripts and PL/SQL packages
• Well-versed with BI/data visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred qualifications and soft skills:
• Existing and up to date Workday Prism Analytics Certification
• Experience with Data Warehouse automation tools like WhereScape Red
• Thrive in a diverse, fast paced environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, despite conflicting demands
• Think analytically and effectively apply logic to solve problems
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and team with others. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office