> Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? AVP, Analytics and Data Science Analyst Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32711
# Positions 1
Job Family Branch Delivery - Banking Services
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The AVP, Analytics and Data Science Analyst provides data and analytics to the Consumer Banking Division and the Digital Bank based in Pasadena California.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop and execute upon data A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Create and use advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, distributions, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Work to analyze data from a wide variety of 3rd party data providers: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Use distributed data/computing tools to achieve business results: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Work with cloud and distributed computing architectures, and data providers, e.g S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL
- 2 years experience in analytics and data science
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- 7+ years practical experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Experience with programming languages such as Java/Python or R an asset
Preferable experience working with Financial Firms or Ad Agencies
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: