The individual will serve as a consultant to management on all aspects of human resources related topics. As a change agent, the HRBP will form strategic partnerships with senior management and across the HR function to develop and deliver effective integrated solutions that reflect the business objectives of the organization. Individual will also lead the overall engagement strategy for Western.
- Has regular routines with the respective business units to ensure alignment to business priorities
- Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Consults with management on various business, employee and performance matters
- Partner with internal HR on various programs including workforce planning, performance management, compensation, development and employee engagement
- Provide management oversight to Front Office reception and an HR Specialist. Serve as a coach and mentor to others within the broader HR department
- Stays abreast and maintains deep knowledge of the regulatory environment and provides proactive counsel on company policies and legislative changes reducing legal risks. Partners with legal and compliance teams as needed or required.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Partners with HR operations and the business surrounding any global immigration or assignment needs/requirements
- Partners with Learning and Development to identify skill and competency requirements for development of talent
- Conduct exit interviews and identify key trends to the business
- Support and promote internal key HR initiatives that support the business including talent acquisition, wellness, total rewards, innovation or M&A.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Industry expertise in financial services is a plus, but not required
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective HR strategy, process and programs to drive effective business outcomes
- Strong consultative and relationship management skills. Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, critical thinking, and objectivity while having a focus on achieving effective outcomes.
- 7-10 years experience as an HR Generalist with experience in a specialty HR function
- Strong multi-disciplinary HR expertise including compensation practices, organizational health, employee relations and employment laws, diversity and effective performance and talent management
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical acumen including proficiency with data, analysis, lean and agile concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills; initiative, flexibility and business acumen
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite and other HR systems including HRMS, Social Media and Applicant tracking tools
Academic Qualifications (minimum requirements:
Undergraduate degree in business, human resource management, psychology or related field; Masters Degree preferred