Mortgage Market Vice President/Manager
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? VP, Mortgage Market Manager Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32856
# Positions 1
Job Family Originations - Sales
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
Responsibilities CIT mortgage sales exists to deliver clear, sound and tailored financial real estate solutions with exceptional service and value for our customers benefit of homeownership. Our focus is building relationships to better understand each customer’s unique real estate needs and assess which mortgage products will best serve their situation. The Mortgage Market Manager is an individual who manages residential-lending production for a team of mortgage lending specialists and support staff in accordance with CIT core behaviors.
This position requires compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) and all related regulations, at the time of employment, candidate must provide NMLS ID number (SAFE Act registration), grant CIT Bank institution access and meet CIT’s standard background check requirements
- Oversees the fiscal integrity of the market.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of mortgage lending specialists engaged in promoting and selling products and/or services for the residential-lending line of business.
- Grows, retains and develops an effective sales force to cover the geography of the market with special emphasis on CRA/LMI markets.
- Drives productivity through sales initiatives and leveraging marketing collateral.
- Maximizes market opportunity by collaborating with internal and external business partners to establish long-and short-term sales strategies. Manages profit and loss activities for the market.
Qualifications Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience may be considered: Leadership Competencies
- Builds Winning Teams
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
- Leads Effective Change
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
- Drives for Results
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
- Establishes Vision and Purpose
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others’ contributions to the success of CIT.
Job Specific Competencies
- Manages Risk
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Customer Focus
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
S ALES TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize commercial and residential mortgage instruments available in the branch and apply them to specific situations.
- Knowledge and the ability to sell an organization’s products and services.
- Strategic Sales Planning
- Knowledge of sales principles, processes, techniques and tools; ability to develop sales plans that are future-oriented, support business strategy and reflect understanding of emerging, as well as existing, opportunities and markets.
- Ability to utilize tools and techniques for understanding the needs of customers; markets to clients a full suite of bank products.
- Promotes financial ideas and solutions from new or existing relationships resulting in increased revenue generation.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: