Risk Control Officer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Risk & Control Officer Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 2020-7442 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Risk & Control Officer. The Risk & Control Officer works with credit and prepaid debit card policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and mitigate credit and fraud risk to the Bank. The Risk & Control Officer is responsible for maintaining the QA program including the written procedures and performs QC processes including testing of new products and features. The Risk & Control Officer will collect and analyze data wherever it resides, including in spreadsheets, files, and databases. The Risk & Control Officer will create reports as needed to complete QC and various management reporting such as program or campaign management. As a highly visible member of Credit Card Operations the incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management within the Bank.
- Ensure adherence to risk and control standards and established policies and procedures by performing required self-assessment and control testing of systems and processes for the credit and prepaid debit card programs and products.
- Define new data collection and analysis processes as needed
- Create reports, processes and tools to monitor key risk indicators for business unit
- Interpret and analyze results from data extractions to identify patterns and trends
- Report findings to management and participates in defining the required remediation efforts to resolve any gaps.
- Develop and continuously refresh an expert level understanding of FRB, CFPB and applicable state regulations pertaining to consumer lending, credit card and debit/prepaid card; maintain and recommend changes/enhancements to policies and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance, risk mitigation and operational excellence.
- Act as a key contributor to define and maintain an effective risk and quality control program for credit and prepaid debit card. Monitor organizational and industry changes that might impact the risk assessment.
- Work with Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, BSA/AML to ensure risk assessment align with overall bank strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a minimum of 7 years relevant experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to design, document and implement effective risk and control processes.
- Practiced knowledge of regulatory environment in the credit and prepaid card industries highly desirable
- Experience applying quantitative, analytical, process oriented and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Excel including pivot tables, exposure to SQL with strong desire to learn
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-driven to identify areas of improvement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS