Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? VP, Front Line Unit Risk Manager Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 32214 # Positions 1 Job Family Risk Management - Operational Risk Type Full-Time
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments solutions, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
The VP, Front Line Risk Manager reports to the Director, Head of Consumer Banking Risk Manager and supports the Consumer Banking Division based in Pasadena. The Consumer Banking division includes SBA Lending, Mortgage Originations and Retail Banking as well as Online Banking lines of businesses.
- Coordinate all key risk activities and have a good understanding of all risks affecting the business line; act as central point of contact for assigned businesses.
- Participate to Corporate Risk assessment processes, such Enterprise Risk Control Self-Assessments (ERSA), Business Continuity Planning, Control Testing, etc.; monitor results and issues raised and ensure remediation is progressing timely.
- Conduct and obtain business sign off to risk and control self-assessments for assigned business unit.
- Develop and implement an effective control framework by performing quality control testing for key controls.
- Develop actionable risk management dashboards for the business line, to include key risk indicators, leverage existing and develop new reporting as needed; ensure alignment of management reports with business line risk reports.
- Participate to selected Risk Working Groups to ensure monthly elevation of risks to Head of Consumer Bank Risk Manager; provide updates on the development of the business line risk framework.
- Work very closely with assigned BUs to manage New Activity approval, implementation and monitoring programs.
- Ensure proper metrics/limits are in place to monitor risks, and any breaches are escalated and resolved timely.
- Regularly update business line Head on risk issues and ensure they are reflected in strategic decision making.
- Provide and coordinate input to key corporate and regulatory initiatives
- Assist Head of Consumer Bank Risk Manger to prepare quarterly FLU risk reports.
- Work within assigned BU teams to identify, prioritize and lead projects to manage risks.
- College degree required
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in risk management consulting or financial services industry, in risk related roles
- Consumer Banking experience preferred
- Good knowledge of financial services products, including business and consumer etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written communication and interpersonal as well as analytical skill
- Familiarity with OCC Heightened Standards and key Regulations impacting Consumer Banking business lines preferred
- Strategic or risk management consulting experience preferred
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-starter, able to work independently or on teams and cross-functionally
- Superior analytical skills and highly-developed oral and written communication skills
- Comfort and confidence in interaction with all levels of management and second line teams
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: